Trussville to participate in severe weather sales tax holiday
By Gary Lloyd
The Trussville City Council on Tuesday approved a resolution to participate in the 2013 severe weather preparedness sales tax holiday Feb. 22-24.
The cities of Argo, Pinson and Clay have approved measures to participate.
The holiday begins at 12:01 a.m. Feb. 22 and ends at midnight Feb. 24. The holiday gives shoppers to purchase certain severe weather preparedness supplies free of state sales or use tax.
Covered items that are $60 or less per item include:
• Any package of AAA-cell, C-cell, D-cell, 6-volt or 9-volt batteries, excluding coin batteries and automobile and boat batteries
• Any cell phone battery or cell phone charger
• Any portable self-powered or battery-powered radio, two-way radio, weatherband radio or NOAA weather radio
• Any portable self-powered light source, including battery-powered flashlights, lanterns or emergency glow sticks
• Any tarpaulin, plastic sheeting, plastic drop cloths or other flexible, waterproof sheeting
• Any ground anchor system, such as bungee cords or rope, or tie-down kit
• Any duct tape
• Any plywood, window film or other materials specifically designed to protect window openings
• Any non-electric food storage cooler or water storage container
• Any non-electric can opener
• Any artificial ice, blue ice, ice packs or reusable ice
• Any self-contained first aid kit
• Any fire extinguisher, smoke detector or carbon monoxide detector
• Any gas or diesel fuel tank or container
For more information, visit www.revenue.alabama.gov.
Contact Gary Lloyd at email@example.com and follow him on Twitter @GaryALloyd.