11 things wanted for Christmas and the New Year
By Dave Parrish
When I say I don’t want anything for Christmas, that’s really not true. It’s just that what I want, you can’t buy. And really, it’s much more fun to give anyway. It’s one of the many blessings of getting older.
With that said, there are real estate topics related to gifts that I could discuss here, really helpful information for homebuyers, especially those first-time homebuyers that are so strapped for cash and wanting to participate in the American Dream. While I’m more than happy to help answer those questions and provide that guidance, that’s not how I wish to use this space today.
Yes, I know this is supposed to be a real estate column, so I’ll try to keep it in those lines. But what I really want to share with you today is my Christmas list. Maybe you can help.
What I want for Christmas (and 2014):
- Make at least one less person/family homeless
- Make it possible for a family to get their children in a good school system
- To listen to those in need and help them satisfy that need
- Help save a homeowner from foreclosure
- Help build at least one Habit for Humanity home
- Guide a family in making the best choice for their new home
- Counsel individuals on how to improve and protect their credit
- Be a resource for helping connect people to others who can help
- Help a family move on after loss
- To make a difference in the community that I live and serve
- Help spread the joy of giving
While the economy is improving, we still have many who are hurting. It could be your neighbor, a family member or may be even closer to home. Become a listener. Together, we can make a difference, ease some pain, instill some hope and build a stronger community.
May the market be with you, and may the love of giving infect your life.