Tornado Watch until 10 a.m. Friday, rain moving in
The National Weather Service in Birmingham has issued a Tornado Watch for Jefferson County until 10 a.m. Friday as thunderstorms and showers move into the local area from the northwest.
The forecast calls for rain on Friday which should move out by Friday evening, Saturday will be partly cloudy, with rain returning Saturday evening through Monday morning,
- Friday -Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly after 11 a.m. Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 71. South wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70 percent.
- Friday night -Partly cloudy, with a low around 46. West wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Saturday -Increasing clouds, with a high near 63. Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming north in the morning.
- Saturday Night -A 40 percent chance of showers after 8 p.m. Cloudy, with a low around 48. North wind around 5 mph becoming calm after midnight.
- Sunday -A chance of showers, then showers and possibly a thunderstorm after 8 a.m. High near 62. East wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80 percent.
- Sunday Night -Showers and possibly a thunderstorm. Low around 56. Chance of precipitation is 90 percent.
- Monday -Showers and possibly a thunderstorm before 8 a.m., then a chance of showers between 8 a.m. and 2 p.m. High near 69. Chance of precipitation is 90 percent.