Trussville teachers go through 7 Habits training
By Gary Lloyd
TRUSSVILLE — Trussville City Schools teachers are participating in 7 Habits training this summer.
Last year at Paine Intermediate School, teachers and counselors began implementing the 7 Habits with students through a program called “The Leader in Me.” Students are taught the 7 Habits and encouraged to use them in their daily lives. Students are encouraged and expected to take on leadership roles at school, home and in the community.
The 7 Habits are:
- Habit 1: Be proactive — This habit helps a person take charge of his or her own future. Influence at work and in one’s private life is increased.
- Habit 2: Begin with the end in mind — This habit helps participants achieve the goals they have always wanted to achieve. It helps people find a greater sense of purpose and fulfillment in work and in life.
- Habit 3: Put first things first — This habit helps people be less crisis-driven and more in control of their lives and time.
- Habit 4: Think win-win — This habit builds dramatically stronger and more productive relationships.
- Habit 5: Seek first to understand, then to be understood — This habit helps people to grow in understanding the most important people in their lives and to improve their ability to communicate effectively.
- Habit 6: Synergize — This habit helps when dealing with conflict.
- Habit 7: Sharpen the saw — Participants find themselves growing and improving, feeling better and living a more purposeful life.
Contact Gary Lloyd at firstname.lastname@example.org and follow him on Twitter @GaryALloyd.