Open Position: Multi-Media Account Executive / Marketing Consultant
The Trussville Tribune is seeking a results-driven, dynamic Multi-Media Account Executive /Marketing Consultant with strong communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills. The primary responsibilities of the Multi-Media Account Executive Consultant/Marketing Consultant are to increase the Trussville Tribune’s advertising market share by targeting new businesses within the Trussville, Clay, Pinson, and surrounding DMA.
This position would have the opportunity for expedient upward mobility into a position of Executive Director of Special Projects & Digital Media.
The Trussville Tribune is a locally owned and operated weekly publication that is dedicated to exceptional news coverage and advertiser solutions for local and national accounts.
Essential Job Functions, Responsibilities & Competencies:
- Ability to cold call, identify decision-makers, and set appointments with decision-makers
- The ability to manage time effectively, utilize Google Calendar, and work with clients in a professional manner.
- A thorough understanding of the sales process, customer needs analysis, and the community newspaper industry in this digital age
- The ideal candidate will be driven as they will be responsible for meeting and exceeding weekly, monthly, and quarterly print and digital sales activity with comprehensive client solutions.
- Meet with key decision makers and develop advertising programs that target a client’s identified specific needs
- A thorough understanding of the sales process and the ability to actively engage in all stages of the sales cycle, from prospecting to developing customer rapport, closing business and servicing accounts
- The ability to work through client objections/concerns regarding costs, budgets and selling strategies
- The ability to prepare and deliver professional sales presentations with new and existing customers ensuing realistic client deliverables and customer satisfaction to continually grow a client base
- Understanding of the concept of product integrity and the importance of maintaining it and set pricing to ensure maximum company profitability
- Skilled in research, problem solving, and articulating solutions to clients
- Strong understanding of digital media platforms
- Strong understanding of print media
- Ability to accurately develop forecasts and manage advertising and marketing sales pipelines
- Experience or confidence in their ability to conduct face-to-face sales calling including up-selling, appointment setting and cold calling
- Ability to effectively articulate product values propositions to customers while setting and managing realistic client expectations
- Ability to effectively manage time as it relates to focus on sales related activities
- Understands and demonstrates subject expertise in these digital products and strategies: Search Engine Optimization; Search Engine Marketing; Social Network Marketing; Mobile; Emerging Digital Media; Online Advertising; Content Marketing; and how they work together for a client’s benefit
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) or 4-6 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, motivational and organizational skills required and ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Working Knowledge in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
PRE-EMPLOYMENT REQUIREMENTS: (must successfully pass)
- Criminal Background Investigation
- Drug Screen
Must possess reliable transportation, automobile insurance and a valid driver’s license
Our compensation package includes:
- 100% commission with 2 months of a guaranteed base salary.
To apply for this position please send a copy of your resume including references to firstname.lastname@example.org