You Are Here: Home » Local News » Sheriff’s office investigating shooting at Center Point apartments

Sheriff’s office investigating shooting at Center Point apartments

From Trussville Tribune staff reports

CENTER POINT — Jefferson County deputies are investigating a shooting at an apartment complex in Center Point.

Just after 9 p.m. Wednesday, deputies responded to a report of shots being fired in the 1900 block of Bond Circle in Center Point. They arrived to find a 40-year-old male victim suffering from a gunshot wound to his leg.

The victim was transported to an area hospital with non-life threatening injuries.

Information on the scene is that several people were arguing in the parking lot of the apartments when one of them started shooting.

Three people are being questioned about the shooting. A gun was recovered from the parking lot.

The investigation is ongoing. Updates will be provided as they become available.

Comments

1. Everyday!!! Where is our freaking Mayor!!!

2. Tim Glass says:

Just another day

3. Deanna Hunt says:

Head in the sand? Lol

4. Centerpoint the new west end or ensley. Take your pick

5. Denise Burch says:

Any idea where this is? Can you imagine being a decent, peaceful, responsible, law abiding citizen and having to live in a hell hole where folk act a fool ??? A lot of time it’s folk who don’t live there.

6. Just put yellow tape around the whole city limit with Beware signs. Jesus be a fence. City of Retirement my tail

7. Kevin Small says:

Stopping people rolling through Stop signs.

8. Hiding in the fetal position

9. Deanna Hunt says:

Probably for sure now lol

10. I believe it’s off of Polly Reed Rd close to the Food Giant shopping center

11. Yes. Section 8 housing behind Popeyes’s, shocker

12. Section 8 Housing is not a bad thing. I placed my 1st home in CenterPoint on Section 8 to help a young lady get a foundation. That is what the program is for….those who NEED it. However, it has become a Mentality, a Lifestyle, a come up. A way for young women to harbor/groom irresponsible men with cell phones and shoes that cost more than rent. This in turns breeds more irresponsibility, which leads to poverty, which leads to crime and it becomes a cycle. Generational curses. And nothing will help except prayer and accountability. Just my opinion, not the law.

13. So glad I got out of that place.

14. There is not any accountability in Centerpoint and there hasn’t been in years. There is constant problems from the Section 8 apartments. I feel for the good people that are forced to live there but something should have been done a long time ago. I’m sure the buildings have been beaten to hell and back so condemn them and knock them to the ground. Enough is enough.

15. 95.7 Jamz call it the new West end.

16. Terry Yerby says:

Wonder if it’s the same thug that shot the clerk at Jet-pep.

17. Lauren Davis says:

But… but… but… I thought you said that crime was down?

18. Tired of our lil town turning into lil Chicago..enough is enough…..Something’s GOT to change!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. It is getting so dangerous in that area!

20. Wall needs to be up around CP!!

21. Bond Circle is w/i walking distance of Center Point Park & the $700,000 Tea Party House. `When the mayor & council gets the ditches covered on Polly Reed Rd it will be prettier walking to the park & driving to Betty’s tea house but don’t forget to carry your guns. Our 4 contract deputies are busy serving ordinance violations.

22. I have a $100 bill that says the mayor puts one of those $80,000 cameras by the Patterson house. Are you up for that wager Annette? I mean it is a “somewhat” historical house….

23. John Ray says:

Trussville will become that eventually too.. give it 10 years

24. I won’t take your wager bc I probably would lose, however, a house that was moved to this location plus all the renovations prevent it from being “historical”. Not qualifying or a history of drugs being made in the house didn’t stop the mayor & council from buying the house. Did anyone other than myself ask the mayor & council to test the tea house for safety health due to drugs being previously cooked? LEO were wearing hazmat suits (per witnesses I personally spoke to) A resident said a washer dryer was stolen out of te tea house recently so I suppose that would be a reason for a camera to protect the $700,000 house. Forget people being shot. $80,000 would pay for a deputy to patrol our streets

25. Seems that Centerpoint has turned into Chicago. Murder and theft there everyday. 🙁

26. Beginning to look like Detroit

27. You CAN see one of those blame cameras from the back of the house, across the duck pond !!! City council is afraid of these thugs, and won’t take anything away from them. The “hood” will not go away.

28. It just gets worse every day. So sad and disturbing.

29. According to my mother who purchased that washer/dryer and donated it, it had to be an inside job since alarm didn’t go off and no signs of breaking and entering. Why has it taken so long to open that house? Isn’t it for weddings?

30. Jimmy Goeb says:

Going down center point road from I-59 take a right at wal mart grocery store down a couple blocks on the right use to be east bend apartments