fbpx
You Are Here: Home » Sports » 4-star safety announces transfer to Hewitt-Trussville

4-star safety announces transfer to Hewitt-Trussville

From The Trussville Tribune staff reports

TRUSSVILLE –Yet another metro Birmingham football player is transferring to Hewitt-Trussville High School, according to a social media post from Pleasant Grove’s Myles Mason.

Myles Mason to transfer to Hewitt-Trussville. Photo via Twitter.

“I am humbled to announce that my senior year will be carried out at Hewitt-Trussville High School,” the 4-star safety tweeted on Thursday.

Mason, a 6 feet 2 inch 185 pound rising senior, is the third transfer to the Huskies since December. Quarterbacks Paul Tyson and Jack Baltz transferred from Mountain Brook High School earlier this year.

According to 247 Sports, Mason has offers from Alabama, Auburn, Florida State, Mississippi State, and Tennessee, among others.

Comments

1. Yvette Mason y’all moving?

2. So the recruiting has begun.

3. Chris Clark says:

Do you still need to set out a year or two when you transfer?

4. Chris Clark says:

Always thought it was odd some kids did and some didn’t. I transferred out of county and had to.

5. Joanne Vann says:

I thought you couldn’t transfer into Trussville schools

6. Chuck Maske says:

So now kids are announcing high school transfers like they do their choice of college ? Interesting.

7. Was just thinking the same thing…smh

8. Karen Jones says:

I guess the family is moving to Trussville since we couldn’t continue to go because our kids were “Out of the Zone” by 2 blocks!

9. University of Hewitt Trussville

10. Lucy Jackson says:

JohnMichael Dawn Wallace

11. i thought you moved to trussville….not transfer….transfer is for colleges….no?

12. Why announce it? This is high school, correct?

13. Is Trussville going to be like Mountain Brook now?

14. Johnnie Waid says:

Why are we treating high school like college now?

15. Ricky Baker says:

He would have to move to the Trussville district

16. better athetically…not quite academically! lol

17. Chris Clark says:

So they must have moved and TT is referring to it as a transfer. Thanks

18. Chris Clark says:

Yup Trussville address apparently makes no difference either. Three doors down though.

19. My biggest issue is: would they announce this if it was just a random player, who puts in the same work? This is lunacy.

20. Probably not. But when the athlete in question is a 4-star recruit who has been offered by four SEC schools and two programs that will probably be ranked in the top five to start the season, it’s news.

21. And that’s my point. I wish it wasn’t news. Newspapers are a business, and a business must sell, or fold. To sell, you provide what people want. My comment is: “it’s lunacy that people want this”

22. Just my opinion, which isnt worth very much, maybe the Trussville Tribune should do a story on if and how many loyal players have quit the program due to being pushed aside. Loyalty means nothing anymore. Also would seem to me that announcing all these transfers would almost call for an investigation by the AHSAA in to the practice of this. Is Trussville footing the bill for these moves?

23. No. This is a good kid and super talent whose family made the best decision for him. No one should question that. I believe Trussville recruits the right way. 1. Great academics 2. Second to none facilities 3. State of the art promotion of its athletes. I see nothing wrong with the transfer, legally speaking. Aside from never winning a map, HTHS recruits itself. I just hate the fact we feel the need to be informed about it. I do not believe this kind of scrutiny is healthy for kids. Have we thought about the program and coaches left behind? Why open them up to criticism? Have we thought about the kid who started the spring game just 3 weeks ago, how proud he was of earning that spot, and now it’s in the newspaper that God didn’t give him the talent to hold the position? It’s overreaching; it’s happening all across the country and it’s too much. Where is the article for the kid who sits 1st chair french horn, who transferred to make the marching band that much better? What about the kids who will revolutionize the Scholar’s Bowl squad? It’s not a Tribune problem, they’re a symptom of the American problem: wrong points of emphasis. A reckoning is coming.

24. They just had a house come open. 😂

25. Joanne Vann says:

Michael Burkett All I wanted to know if you can transfer schools in Trussville. Is he moving to Trussville? I wanted to transfer to a different school in Trussville and was denied. I do not know anything about Trussville football, band or scholars bowl. Just asking.

26. I hope this 4star safety is still in zone after football season is over…….

27. And doesn’t get put out like they did a 5 year old with 2 months in school left but in 11 years maybe he can transfer back!

28. Joanne Vann, the rules vary somewhat. Bottom line is if a student wants to go to a new school the easiest way is to move in to the district.

29. I thought you had to live in Trussville to go to school there. Seems you just need to be good football player.

30. Tammy McCown says:

Yes, I know a child in k5 who had 1 month left and they refused to let the child finish when they moved unless they paid a large fee.

31. Tammy McCown says:

Joanne Vann Why were you denied?

32. Tammy McCown says:

This is ridiculous.

33. Joanne Vann says:

Michael Burkett they should not vary in my opinion.

34. Joanne Vann, here’s one scenario with which I see no problem. Student lives near Kowaliga Bridge on Lake Martin in Elmore County by about 100 feet. To go to his zoned school he would have to drive 30 miles, around the lake, to get to Eclectic, Elmore County High. To go to Ben Russell would only be 8 miles. I’m okay with that transfer. In Blount County we have mountains that create similar scenarios. Some students who live in Blount attend St. Clair schools because those schools are ridiculously closer.

35. Chris Clark says:

Happens every year to kids all over the state. Some schools just look a little more thoroughly.

36. The 3rd transfer since December? Wow

37. Scotty Smith Pell City better step up their game. Should have offered the family a house on the lake

38. Keith Etheredge is this normal? 3 transfers in 6 months.

39. Great! I’d love to see you.

40. Apparently he has put in the work to get all the college offers he’s gotten so far. His parents have right to move wherever they want. All this discussion is about a child who can see everything you’re saying. Are supposed growns ups being bullies now? He’s a good kid with academics and athletics. Let him live his life to the fullest. No weapon formed against him shall prosper. God got your back Mason family. Myles just do it!!!!