-->
You Are Here: Home » Obituaries » Steven Ray Vaughan

Steven Ray Vaughan

Steven Ray Vaughan, 33, of Trussville, passed away August 11, 2017. His wife Ashley and his children, two-year-old Daniel and five-month-old twins, Eli and Emma, survive Steven. Although Steven lived with and died from the effects of Cystic Fibrosis, he lived a full and influential life and fought courageously against the disease until the very end.

Steven Ray Vaughan

Steven is also survived by his father, Steve Vaughan, mother, Kathy Slaten, brother, Matthew Bagley, sister, Megan Slaten, paternal grandparents Jimmy and Louis Vaughan, maternal grandmother, Pat Smothers, in-laws, Danny and Janet Keith, and sister-n-law, Amie Keith. His maternal grandfather, Reynold Blake, predeceases him. He also leaves behind a community of close friends and family who loved and supported him until his final moments.

Steven grew up in Clay and graduated from Clay Chalkville High School in 2003. He went on to study business management at the University of Alabama at Birmingham where he graduated in 2010. He was employed with Coyote Logistics in Birmingham.

A memorial service will be held at Faith Community Fellowship Church Tuesday, August 15. Visitation will begin at 5:30 p.m., with the service at 6:30 p.m. In lieu of flowers, the family asks that donations be made to the non-profit foundation, Stevie Ray’s Second Wind. Those donations can be mailed to P.O. Box 321, 459 Main Street, Trussville, AL. 35173.

Comments

1. Praying for the Lord to give you peace,comfort and strength Ashley! God bless you and your 3 precious children..

2. Ashley Vaughan, I am so very sorry for your loss. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

3. So sad. Prayers for the family.

4. Gwen Lackey says:

Prayers to all his family

5. Cindy Cody says:

prayers for family and friends

Praying…such a fighter….

7. Kathy Carlin says:

Praying for this family.

8. Prayers for his family.

9. Diann Hays says:

Praying for this family and friends. So sad

10. I was very sad to hear of Steven’s passing 🙁 I don’t the family personally, but I do know what it’s like to love someone with cystic fibrosis, my 19 yr old daughter has CF. My prayers are with his wife and children, as well as everyone affected by this loss ♡ May God wrap his loving arms around each and every one of you and hold you close and comfort you. God Bless, The Julie family ♡

11. Kristin Hamm says:

Oh gosh. Incredibly sad. Prayers for his loved ones.

12. Prayers for Ashley and the children. So sorry to hear of his passing.

13. Lois Grooms says:

Praying for his wife and children.

14. I’m so sorry for your loss. May Gods blessing be with you and your whole family. Rest In Peace Steven!!

15. Dianne Vick says:

I’M SO SORRY ! PRAYERS FOR U AND YOUR!!!

16. Praying for strength for this beautiful family!

17. Prayers for this precious family

18. Praying for God’s peace for Steven’s family. He was a wonderful person.

19. Condolences to the family

20. Prayers for the family

21. God bless that family. Give them the peace, strength and comfort in their grief that only You can. In Jesus’ name.

22. Beautiful family. RIP Steven.

23. God bless the family. Prayers for peace.

24. Praying for this family!!!

25. Carla Brown says:

So sorry for your loss praying for Gods blessings and healing

26. Rita Morgan says:

Ashley so very sorry, praying for you and the little ones and all family and friends, he is resting now in Gods Arms, love you Ashley!!!!

27. Deidra Smith says:

Prayers going up for the family.

28. My brother died of this dreaded disease at age 27…prayers for this family…❤

29. Praying for his beautiful family!

30. So sorry to see this. God Bless his family.

31. May God bless this family Rest In Peace Steven.

32. Prayers for their family. Precious children!

33. Donna Lykes says:

Prayers for the sweet family he left behind. RIP Steven Ray Vaughn ❤️

34. Prayers for this family…

35. Prayers for peace and comfort for this beautiful family! God bless this family!

36. Praying for All of his family and friends

37. Prayers for this family

38. Prayers of peace and comfort!

39. Amy Phillips says:

Went 2 school with him. So sad

40. We here it said the Lord takes the good ones ! He took the best one of all ! FYI high Steven !

41. Praying for this family. May God bless and keep you during this difficult season if grief.

42. This breaks my heart. I worked with him at one time & he was always a stand up guy, always happy, always positive.

43. Jill Ray says:

Praying for your family ✝️

44. prayers for this family

45. Ashley, I hope and pray that the following poem written by my mother in the 70’s will give you some comfort. Hugs and prayers to you and your family.
    DEATH
    Death is a warm blanket
    That closes my eyes and puts me to sleep.
    I do not fear death,
    But welcome it as a long lost friend,
    Lost since the time of my beginning.

Death only makes me sad
    For those I leave behind.
    My heart aches now for their hurting.

When I pass over to be with my Maker,
    Worry, pain and sadness will forsake me,
    And my soul will be at peace.
    So do not unhappily mourn me,
    Be glad for my release.

By Fran Scott

46. Sending much prayers and my condolences to this beautiful family

47. Marsha Estes says:

So sad. Prayers for his family