You Are Here: Home » Metro/State/Nation » Second man drops to death from Vestavia Hills retirement home in a one-month period

From Trussville Tribune staff reports

A man dropped to his death from a Vestavia Hills retirement home today, marking the second time in the last 30 days that a man fell to his death from the Mount Royal Towers retirement facility.

Authorities investigating the death said the man fell about seven stories.

According to a report from Carol Robinson, a 61-year-old man who lived on the ninth floor in the independent living portion of the facility died after he fell from a window on  Sept. 21.

Comments

1. How’d he die twice?

2. Either they’re not watching these elderly folks or somebody’s pushing them… seriously!

3. That’s how I read it too. 😜

4. I was just about to ask that

5. Sounds like the same man died twice…may need to reword the heading?

6. Angie LeVan says:

Or someone on the staff is making it so miserable they are taking their own lives

7. Karen Jones says:

Why would the residents have no secure windows in a retirement home? 9 floors up and able to go out the window?? No security bars/glass?? Someone is about to own this company. Sad!!

8. I read it the same way!

9. You’d think once would have been enough.

10. Fell, jumped, same thing right?

11. Matt Clay says:

I thought it was just the headline but it is even in the story that fell to death TWICE

12. Are journalists not required to take English classes? The Trussville Tribune

13. I thought the same thing!

14. If he was in independent living, he was in pretty good health.

15. Seriously, how tragic to live that long, have your family feel that you are in a safe haven and have this happen!

16. But if he’s the second one in 30 days, it just makes me uncomfortable.

17. Nell Moore says:

Windows should be secured and there would not be these “accidents”.

18. There’s nothing funny about this.

19. He was 61, so not elderly.

20. Haha, younger than me.

21. Nobody said this was funny. Just that someone needs to proofread.

22. It’s a very sad story, but the headline definitely makes you say “What?? A man dies twice??” Trussville Tribune needs better writers/editors…

23. Terri Columbus Scheufens Cristy Martin Hall Sarah Gilbert Lunsford

24. Tjo Johnson says:

Something isn’t right about this. Time for a deeper investigation

25. Matt Clay says:

I got that, it was just the way it was worded.

26. Matt Clay says:

Not sure but I seen older people struggle living after loved ones gone. Sometimes they will say they are “ready to go”

27. I agree with you ! Being up on the hill and then 9 stories up, some safety guards should be in place !

28. Locks should be on windows

29. Tina DeLine says:

Sounds suspect to me full investigation needs to be done .

30. Something is very wrong there.

31. Michelle Robson Childs I know josh called me!