-->
You Are Here: Home » Obituaries » Billy Argel Leopard

Billy Argel Leopard

Billy Argel Leopard died on November 29, 2017. He was born in Red Bay, Alabama on June 15, 1932, to Harold Argel Leopard and Sarah Ada Kelly,

Billy Argel Leopard

Billy attended Red Bay schools for grades one through eight and graduated from Tuscaloosa High School. He immediately joined the United States Air Force, serving in Japan during the Korean conflict as a Special Morse Code Intercept Operator. He was honorably discharged on December 22, 1954. He returned to Tuscaloosa and attended the University of Alabama and took a job with Southern Bell Telephone and Telegraph Company in 1954. With Southern Bell, Billy started as a lineman and held various jobs before being promoted to management in 1963. He and his family lived in Prattville and Opelika. He retired after 35 years of service on April 30, 1989, subsequently moving back to Tuscaloosa.

Billy was active in his local Church of Christ wherever he lived, serving as deacon and in other capacities. In Tuscaloosa, he attended Central Church of Christ. His family and children were always his main activity outside of work. He was an avid ham operator, having communicated with people in almost every country. Billy was a “dyed-in-the-wool” Alabama Crimson Tide football fan.

Billy was predeceased by his parents, his wife, Sara Perry Leopard, his twin brother, Bobby, and his younger brother, John Leopard.

He is survived by his beloved children: Lori Jane Leopard Buttram (Scott) of Trussville and Perry Argel Leopard of Paris, France, and his especially loved grandchildren, Sara Marie Buttram of Trussville and Jase (Molly) Buttram of Cullman, his sisters, Sarah Kelly Leopard Boone and Nancy Evans White of Tuscaloosa, his brothers Clyde Evans of Muscatine, Iowa and Tom Evans of Tuscaloosa.

Services will be held at the Central Church of Christ in Tuscaloosa on Monday, December 4, 2017 at 2 p.m. Public visitation will be immediately before the services at 1 p.m. A private family visitation will be at 12 noon.

In lieu of flowers, the family request that gifts be made to the Central Church of Christ or your favorite charity.

Comments

1. Oh no! Praying for you all Scott and Lori. I’m so sorry for your loss. I know this is a difficult time for you and your family.

2. I’m so sorry to hear this. Love and prayers to Billy’s family.

3. So sorry for your loss. Prayers for all of you.

4. Bo and I are thinking of your family, Scott. Please share our condolences with Lori.

5. Praying for you guys

6. Barbara Gant says:

Prayers for y’all

7. We are so, so sorry for your loss, Lori and Scott…praying for your family.

8. I’m so sorry for your loss. You and your family are in my prayers.

9. Oh, I’m so terribly sorry. Prayers for all who love him.

10. I’m so sorry Lori. Hugs and prayers for you all.

11. Oh my goodness, sweet friend. I am so saddened for you. I know you are heartbroken. Please know that you have friends who love you and are praying for you and your family.

12. So sorry!! Praying for your family!❤️

13. I am so sorry Lori Leopard and Scott. Our thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time.

14. So sorry for your loss.

15. Love to all of you- you’re in my prayers

16. Karen Brooks says:

I’m so sorry Lori. My thoughts and prayers are with you and the family.

17. Oh no. I am so so so sorry.

18. Mark Kelly says:

Deepest sympathies, Brother, to Lori, and to Sara Marie and you. I don’t believe I knew till I saw in the obituary that Mr. Leopard was a fellow Franklin County boy. I’d love to have known him.

19. So very sorry for your loss

20. Jerry Haynes says:

I pray God’s peace for you and yours. I am sorry for your loss.

21. Steve Green says:

I am sorry for your families loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you!

22. Keeping you all in my prayers.

23. So sorry Lori! Praying for you and your family!

24. So sorry! Praying for you and your family

25. So sorry for your loss. Thoughts and prayers for you, Lori and all of your family!

26. Lori, I’m so very sorry. Your dad was a precious person. My family will be praying for you

27. I am so sorry for your lost you are in my prays Lori

28. Our deepest condolences to your family

29. Aw, so sorry to hear it. He was a fine man.

30. So sorry for your loss Lori. Prayers for you and your family.

31. My sympathies to you and your family. Angie Buttram Sendelbach.

32. Lori, I am so sorry. Praying for you and your family.

33. I’m so sorry for your family’s loss. I have you in my prayers.

34. Tré Mills says:

Lori. I am so sorry. He was such a nice guy. Praying for you and your family

35. Carl Stokes says:

I am so sorry for your loss

36. Kim Fuller says:

So sorry for your loss. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

37. I am so so sorry to hear this. He was such a special man. My heart goes out to you and Lori. ❤️

38. So sorry for your loss. You and your family are in our prayers.

39. I’m So sorry Scott. Please give Lori our love.

40. I’m so sorry, Lori and family! Prayers!

41. Missy Thomas says:

So sorry for your loss prayers for you all.

42. June Hurston says:

Prayers for you and your family. I am so sorry Lori.

43. Very sorry, Scott. May your family find peace in these difficult days.

44. Dale Jones says:

Sorry for your loss. Prayers for the family.

45. Doug Wright says:

I’m thinking about you Lori. Un abrazo grande …

46. Praying for you Lori Leopard!

47. So sorry for you and the families loss.

48. Prayers Mrs. Leopard! So sorry.

49. Lori Leopard…you and your family are in my prayers. I know all of you loved him very much.

50. Sad to hear of your loss. Thoughts and prayers for each of you!

51. I’m so sorry to hear of your loss. Prayers for your family.

52. Lori, I am so sorry for your loss.

53. Praying for you Lori Leopard and your family.

54. Lori Leopard you are in my thoughts and prayers.

55. So sorry to hear about your loss Lori Leopard! I will be praying for you and your family.

56. No!!!! Lori Leopard I am so sorry! Prayers for all!!

57. So sorry for your loss, Lori.

58. Hugs to you. I know he will be missed very much. ❤️

59. I’m so sorry for your loss. ❤️

60. Prayers for you and your family Lori.

61. Praying for your family!

62. Very sorry for your loss. Prayers for you all.

63. My heart is heavy for you, Lori….so sorry. Love, hugs and prayers your way

64. So sorry to read this , Lori. for you and your family-

65. I’m so sorry. B.A. was a great man. Love and prayers to y’all.

66. Praying for you and your family Scott.

67. I am so sorry. Praying for your comfort during this time.

68. Oh Lori! I’m so, so sorry. Thinking of you.

69. Wendell Hanson and I are holding you and your family in our thoughts and prayers.

70. I’m so glad I was able to meet him! I’m praying for all of you

71. So sorry for yalls loss. He was a very nice man

72. Pat Bentley says:

Sorry to hear

Prayers being lifted for the family

73. Praying for you and family

74. So sorry for your loss….praying for you all!

75. Mike Roebuck says:

Sorry for your loss cousin. Prayers.

76. So sorry! Praying for y’all!

77. So sorry, Lori. He was a great man. You all will be in my prayers.

78. Sally Duer says:

Oh Lori I am so sorry for you and your family. Your dad has gone for his reward. I have so many fond memories of both of your parents. Love you.

79. Scott, so sorry for your family’s loss.

80. Sending prayers for you Lori, I’m so sorry.

81. We are so sorry, Lori. We loved Billy. He was such a good friend and neighbor to us while in Opelika. Many great memories. Sending hugs and love to you and your family! ❤️

82. I am so sorry for your loss. Praying for you and your family.❤️

83. Thoughts and prayers are with you all.

84. I’m so sorry. Praying for you and your family.

85. Kathy Haynes says:

I️ am so sorry for the loss of your dad. Praying for you and your family.

86. I’m so sorry, Lori Leopard. You’ll be in my prayers.

87. Our thoughts and prayers are with the entire family at this difficult time.

88. Lynne Prince says:

So sorry for your loss. Big Hugs XX. Prayers for you and family

89. Egla Nora says:

You are in my prayers

90. Dianne Ward says:

Praying for you all! ❤️

91. Lori I am so sorry for your loss. I met him one time when you had a yard sale. He was so sweet. Sending hugs and prayers to you

92. Hans Lemons says:

Sorry to hear this buddy. You’ll certainly be in my thoughts. Take care

93. Paula Brown says:

Prayers for you all! Thinking of you Lori Leopard!

94. I am so sorry to hear this. He was always very kind to me. Thinking of you all.

95. Mary Meadows says:

I am so sorry for Lori and family. He had such a sweet smile.

96. Cindy Fisher says:

So sorry! Prayers for your family!

97. Matt Elliott says:

*Such* a great guy. Wonderful memories of hanging out at the Leopard house during middle and high school. And I think of him whenever I hear George sing “He Stopped Loving Her Today” (a B.A. fave). Much love, Lori – thinking of you all.

98. So very sorry for your loss.

99. Lifting your family in prayer. I know how hard this is, especially during the holidays. I’m so sorry!

100. So sorry, Lori. I share your pain

101. You are all in my thoughts and prayers.

102. Angie Adams says:

So sorry Lori! Your dad was the best!

103. I’m so sorry Lori Leopard and Scott. Praying for your sweet family!

104. So very sorry to hear this!

105. So sorry for your loss

106. Your mom and dad both were great people. We enjoyed being neighbors. Our prayers are with you, Perry, and your families.

107. So sorry Lori, Billy was a wonderful christian man that we all admired. We will be praying for you and Perry and your families.

108. Ian Maddox says:

So sorry Scott and Lori!

109. Debbie Glaze says:

Sorry for the loss of your love one.

110. Lori, thinking of you during this difficult time.

111. So very sorry for your loss. Praying for your family.

112. So sorry !!! Love you guys !!

113. I’m so sorry for your loss. You all are in my prayers.

114. Tim Jennings says:

I am sorry for your loss Lori, I always thought a lot of your folks. He was a great man Prayers for you and yourr family

115. I am so sorry. Love to you all. Praying for peace during this time.

116. I am so sorry. Praying for your family- We love y’all!

117. Thinking of you all. Prayers coming your way.

118. Jenni Scott says:

Praying for you and your family

119. Sweet sweet man. I know you will miss him more than words. Prayers and love

120. I’m so sorry for your loss.

121. Praying for you and your family. So sorry for your loss.

122. Praying for comfort and peace!

123. I’m so sad to hear! Hugs and prayers ❤️

124. Jill Guice says:

I’m so very sorry for your loss Lori, i know you are very close to him. Praying for you friend

125. So sorry Jase! Prayers for you and your family!

126. So sorry for your loss. Your family is in our prayers ❤️

127. Great man and great uncle I thank god for the life he blessed him with and he got to meet his great niece a few times

128. Holli Sivley says:

I am so sorry for you loss! Prayers for comfort and strength…

129. Lori, I’m so sorry about your Dad. He always had a great smile.

130. I’m so sorry. Prayers for your family.