Trussville police officers recognized at council meeting
By Tanna Friday
For The Tribune
TRUSSVILLE — A couple of changes recently occurred at the Trussville Police Department. Officer Michael Bruce has been promoted to the rank of sergeant, and Sgt. Phil Dillon and Sgt. David Morrette have been promoted to lieutenant.
“They have served for many, many years,” said Brian Plant, who introduced each member. “We are really proud of our guys. Congratulations everyone.”
In other matters, the Council:
- Approved the Dec. 21 minutes from regular meeting;
- Approved accounts payable;
- Approved the consideration of radar sign quotation for school zones for $10,800;
- Approved and recognized police department promotions of David Morrette, Phil Dillon, and Michael Bruce;
- Approved merit increases for the court and police department;
- Approved contract with Lose & Associates, Inc. for a master plan for a multipurpose field complex and pool complex planning;
- Approved Resolution 2018-001 to surplus light fixtures from the Civic Center and Cherokee Center gyms; and
- Approved a motion for both Sheepdog and residents of the Crossings of Deerfoot to submit a plan to the Council by Jan. 31.
The next Council workshop will be Thursday, Jan. 18, beginning at 5:30 p.m. The Council’s next meeting is scheduled for Jan. 23 at City Hall.