Trussville City Council names new President, President Pro Tempore
By Tanna M. Friday
TRUSSVILLE – The Trussville City Council has voted on a new president and president pro tempore. The council-elected post was one of two elected as part of the Council’s regularly scheduled meeting Tuesday evening, October 9.
The Council named Councilor Jef Freeman as the body’s new President and renamed Councilor Zack Steele as Council President Pro Tempore, keeping him in the position he’s held since 2017. Councilor Freeman replaces outgoing President, Councilor Alan Taylor, who served in the post since November 2017. The two will serve the one-year term beginning November 5.
In other matters, the Council:
- Approved minutes from September 25;
- Approved Resolution 2018-044 accepting streets in Ballard Place;
- Approved Resolution 2018-045 awarding the bid for Vann Circle Parking lot (behind Edgar’s Bakery);
- Approved Resolution 2018-046 amending the covenants for Industrial Park;
- Announced the moving of the next Council workshop to Tuesday, October 16 at 5:30 p.m.;
- Approved payable;
- CAPZO training for Porter October 5 totaling $199;
- Glock Armorer’s Course for Jones in totaling $250;
- Merit increases effective October 9 for:
- Maria Bishop, Court – Grade 19, Step 3;
- Rheanna Poe, Admin – Grade 16, Step 6;
- Nya Montgomery, Police – Grade 17, Step 10, plus 10%;
- Robby Dale Pruitt, Street – Grade 13, Step 5;
- Justin Ferguson, Street – Grade 13, Step 5.
- Provisionally promote Shawn Robinson to Event Set-up Supervisor – Grade 15, Step 2;
- Create a second position for Events Set-up Supervisor;
- Hire Kimani Key, Part-time Civic Center – Grade 6, Step 1.
The City Council of the City of Trussville will hold a special meeting on Tuesday, October 16, at 5:30 p.m. to hear from Mary Shell, Preservation Planner and CLG Coordinator with the Alabama Historical Commission, on how to create the operations and powers of a local historical district.