Lawsuit seeks to allow Hoover woman who joined ISIS back into the U.S.
From The Trussville Tribune staff reports
BIRMINGHAM — A lawsuit was filed against President Donald Trump, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and Attorney General William Bar on Thursday by the Constitutional Law Center for Muslims in America. The aim of the suit is for Hoover woman Hoda Muthana to be allowed to return to the United States from Syria with her 18-month-old son, WBRC reported.
See Related: Hoover woman who traveled to Syria to join ISIS will not be allowed back into U.S., according to Sec. of State
According to WBRC, Muthana became radicalized in Nov. 2014 and traveled to Syria to join ISIS. Muthana said she made the wrong decision and wants to be allowed back into the U.S. with her son.
In a statement on Wednesday, Pompeo said that Muthana does not have a United States Passport and will not be allowed into the U.S.
I have instructed Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, and he fully agrees, not to allow Hoda Muthana back into the Country!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) February 20, 2019
Also on Wednesday, President Trump tweeted that the decision had been his.