Film crew to close highway in Riverside
From The Trussville Tribune staff reports
RIVERSIDE — A film production crew will be closing US 78 on March 14, according to the Alabama Department of Transportation.
Weather permitting, the section of the roadway that stands over the Coosa River at the St. Clair County/Talladega County line will be closed starting at 8 a.m. ALDOT has provided detour information:
- Both directions of the Coosa River bridge on US-78 will be closed.
- Local traffic can use US-78 on each side of the bridge but will be unable to cross the bridge during the closure.
- Alternate detour route signing will be in place for both directions.
- The alternate detour route will follow I-20 from the US-78 Interchange (Exit 162) to Stemley Road Interchange (Exit 165).
- This operation is planned to be completed in one day and all traffic lanes will be re-opened no later than 3 p.m. on Thursday, March 14.
Drivers are asked to use alternate routes to avoid the area and to use extreme caution if a detour is not an option.
There is no word on which film crew will be in the area or what production will be taking place.