By Gary Lloyd
The Trussville City Council on Tuesday approved a resolution to participate in the 2013 severe weather preparedness sales tax holiday Feb. 22-24.
The cities of Argo, Pinson and Clay have approved measures to participate.
The holiday begins at 12:01 a.m. Feb. 22 and ends at midnight Feb. 24. The holiday gives shoppers to purchase certain severe weather preparedness supplies free of state sales or use tax.
Covered items that are or less per item include:
• Any package of AAA-cell, C-cell, D-cell, 6-volt or 9-volt batteries, excluding coin batteries and automobile and boat batteries
• Any cell phone battery or cell phone charger
• Any portable self-powered or battery-powered radio, two-way radio, weatherband radio or NOAA weather radio
• Any portable self-powered light source, including battery-powered flashlights, lanterns or emergency glow sticks
• Any tarpaulin, plastic sheeting, plastic drop cloths or other flexible, waterproof sheeting
• Any ground anchor system, such as bungee cords or rope, or tie-down kit
• Any duct tape
• Any plywood, window film or other materials specifically designed to protect window openings
• Any non-electric food storage cooler or water storage container
• Any non-electric can opener
• Any artificial ice, blue ice, ice packs or reusable ice
• Any self-contained first aid kit
• Any fire extinguisher, smoke detector or carbon monoxide detector
• Any gas or diesel fuel tank or container
For more information, visit www.revenue.alabama.gov
Contact Gary Lloyd at firstname.lastname@example.org and follow him on Twitter @GaryALloyd.