FOX News and CNN were reporting that an arrest has been made in the Boston Marathon bombing. Now, both news agencies say they are receiving conflicting reports.
CNN reports, “A federal law enforcement source told CNN’s Fran Townsend that someone was arrested. But later, two senior administration officials and another federal official told Townsend that there had been a misunderstanding among officials and that no one has been arrested.”
The article says that, the suspect, who is expected to appear in federal court in Boston later today, has not yet been named by authorities.
Earlier, FOX News was reporting that law enforcement has identified a suspect in the Boston Marathon bombing that killed three people and 176 earlier this week.
According to the report, a surveillance camera at Lord and Taylor which is across the street from one of the bomb locations has given law enforcement clear video of the scene.
The report says, “Authorities have reportedly identified an image of a young man carrying – and perhaps dropping – a black bag at the second bombing scene at Monday’s Boston Marathon.”
The Boston Globe cited sources saying an arrest was “very close.”
Meanwhile, CNN is reporting that an arrest has been made, but have provided no additional details at this time.
We continue to follow and update the story
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/04/17/fbi-boston-police-say-range-suspects-motives-remains-wide-open/#ixzz2QkJzEDDC