By Gary Lloyd
TRUSSVILLE — The Trussville Telecommunications Committee last month approved of a new cell tower to be constructed on Deerfoot Parkway.
Trussville City Councilman Anthony Montalto said at last week’s meeting that AT&T wishes to construct a 190-foot cell tower at 6150 Deerfoot Parkway. He said that after much discussion on allowable clearance in case the pole was to fall, the application was approved subject to several conditions:
- Stamped and sealed documentation from an engineer concerning breakaway stress points on the pole
- Black-coated fencing around the site
- Gravel access will be paved if erosion becomes a problem
- Additional buffering should the natural vegetation on the site be removed or destroyed
- Lighting to be directed downward so as to not illuminate outside of the enclosure
The tower will likely fill a gap in coverage in the Deerfoot Parkway area. No timetable was available for when the pole may be constructed.
Contact Gary Lloyd at email@example.com and follow him on Twitter @GaryALloyd.