From staff reports
BIRMINGHAM — Jefferson County Sheriff Mike Hale and the Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office want you to have a safe and enjoyable Halloween.
To ensure the safety of your little ghosts and goblins, start by going to the Jefferson County Sheriff’s website and checking your route for sex offenders. You can start at www.jeffcosheriff.net and click on sex offenders.
Once you have chosen your route, remember common sense safety tips:
– Consider organized events as an alternative to trick or treating.
– Wear bright reflective costumes, parents should always accompany their children and carry a flashlight.
– Make sure costumes fit properly and vision is not obstructed.
– Be careful crossing the street.
– Have an adult carefully examine all treats.
– Do not consume unwrapped treats or those that appear to have been tampered with.
– Children should never go to a stranger’s home unless accompanied by an adult.
– Teens going out with friends should make sure their parents know where they will be and who they will be with.
– If you are driving, be aware of little ones and slow down.
– For adults who will be celebrating, remember to do so responsibly. If you drink don’t drive. Have a designated driver or call a friend.
– Call us if you need us.
For more Halloween Safety Tips look here; http://www.halloween-safety.com