Tommi O. Peters
For The Tribune
TRUSSVILLE – Members of the Design Review Committee gathered Monday evening to review various sign updates and additions, as well as review plans to update the exterior of a residential home located within the Cahaba Project neighborhood.
Co-Chair Kris Reeves facilitated the meeting in Chairperson Ryan Dawkins’ absence. The board’s one vacancy was filled with the addition of newly appointed member Ryan Vernon. All other members of the Design Review Committee were present for the meeting, including City Council liaison Jef Freeman, Secretary Emily McDaniel, and Redevelopment Authority Representative Matt Phillips.
The DRC discussed the following:
-A Request to modify an existing monument sign at 4710 Frank St. was proposed to accurately reflect four tenants within the property. The board approved materials and aesthetics of the sign contingent upon the sign’s height being approved by the Planning and Zoning Committee.
– A Cahaba Project residence at 311 Brentwood received approval by the committee to replace siding and current windows with addition of six over six grid windows that are common to other homes within the neighborhood. The committee asked that the homeowner return before the group to present an updated roofing concept at a future date.
– Pho Sizzle is a new business within shopping Trussville Promenade II that will offer rolled ice cream and bubble tea. The committee approved a wall sign and addition to the monument sign in front of the property.
In addition, the DRC approved other items including:
- Minutes from August 27, 2018 meeting;
- Metro Diner – Front-lit wall sign;
- Bama Blaze – Wooden fence per rezoning contingency requirement;
- Quest Health – Internally-lit wall sign.
The next DRC meeting is scheduled for 6:00 p.m. on Mon., Oct. 22.