Birmingham to host Championship Parade for the Blazers on Friday, expect some road closures
From The Trussville Tribune staff reports
BIRMINGHAM — The city of Birmingham designated Jan. 18 as a special day to honor the UAB Football Team and their outstanding performance during the 2018 season with a Championship Parade at 4 p.m.
Due to the parade, many Birmingham streets along and near the parade route will be closed temporarily. Most of the closures will take place between 3 p.m. and 5 p.m.
- 20th Street South between Sixth and Seventh Avenues South may close as early as 2 p.m.
- Seventh Avenue South between 20th and 22nd Streets South may close as early as 2 p.m.
- The intersection of Seventh Avenue South and Richard Arrington Jr. Boulevard will close only momentarily around 4 p.m.
- The University Boulevard exit ramp off of I-65 northbound will close for the parade with the exception of emergency vehicles.
- University Boulevard between 13th Street South and 20th Street South
- 13th Street South from University Boulevard to Sixth Avenue South
- Sixth Avenue South from 11th Street South to 13th Street South
- 12th Street South between Fourth Avenue South and Sixth Avenue South
- As the parade leaves the initial staging area and continues west on University Boulevard, affected roads, and parking lots/decks behind the end of the parade will reopen.
Several UAB parking decks will be affected. A parade map and more detailed information about on-campus parking be viewed here.