From The Trussville Tribune staff reports
PINSON — The Pinson Public Library was awarded a grant by the Public Library Association to help people in the community get more information about health care coverage.
The “Connecting You to Coverage” mini-grant will allow the library to hold events and information sessions. Two events are scheduled for the month of April.
ACA Marketplace Insurance Basics
Tuesday, April 16, at 10 a.m.
Learn more about the Affordable Care Act & the Health Insurance Marketplace. How do you qualify for health insurance? What types of plans are available? When is open enrollment? All of these questions and more will be answered by EnrollAlabama!
The A, B, C, & Ds of Medicare
Wednesday, April 24, at 10:30 a.m.
Katen Haiflich, Independent Benefit Specialist, will provide simple, straightforward answers to help you understand Medicare and the options available to you. The one-hour workshop covers:
- Defining Medicare and it’s four parts (A,B,C, & D)
- How and when to enroll in Medicare
- When you can make changes
- Medicare Health Plan Coverage Choices
- Medicare Prescription Drug Coverage
- How to get help paying your Medicare costs