From The Trussville Tribune staff reports
TRUSSVILLE — Your rising sophomore, junior or senior student has a unique opportunity to take advantage of free Jefferson State Community College classes in the following areas:
- Office Administration https://drive.google.com/open?id=12YCO78B5XEnXyhMOfQcvCtuP6QPLsUF6
- Computer Science
- Child Development
- Manufacturing Technologies
HTHS has been granted a limited number of scholarships that will cover the cost of tuition for classes in these program areas along with academic dual enrollment classes required for program completion.
- These are technical courses that are fully paid for through Workforce Development Funds for Career and Technical Education
- Textbooks are loaned to students
- Students may pair their CTE course with an English, Math or Science relevant to the career program AAS Degree.
- Students must be in 10, 11, or 12 grade
- Must have a minimum unweighted GPA of 2.5
- Students must declare which career program they are in and the track
- Once students are in a career program, they cannot change.
- If students make below a “C” in any of their DE courses or withdraw from a course, they are ineligible for continuous funding and must sit out 1 academic term, not to include a summer. If the student sits out their 1 term and wants to continue, they must reapply as a DE student and pay for the courses.
Click the link below for more information about each program. Deadline to apply is April 30.
You may contact any of the following people for more information:
Joy Young, HTHS Assistant Principal and TCS CTE Administrator: email@example.com
Leta McGehee, Junior Counselor: firstname.lastname@example.org
Heather Winship, Sophomore Counselor: email@example.com