- Clay-Chalkville – Facing an up-hill battle with just minutes to go against James Clemens, the Cougars rallied with two touchdowns to stun the Jets and remain undefeated on the season.
- Hewitt-Trussville – After allowing 13 points to start the game, Hewitt-Trussville relied on the trio of Armoni Goodwin, Cade Ott Carruth and Sean Jackson along with a defense that shut down West Forsyth following the Wolverines’ opening burst.
- Springville – The Tigers moved to 2-0 on the season for the first time since 2013. Springville relied on a stout defense and the arm of quarterback Pearson Baldwin in the victory.
- Pinson Valley – The Indians recorded four sacks in the game and gave up just one first down in the first half. Pinson Valley overcame a penalty-plagued performance to defeat Ramsay, 27-7, and moved to 1-1.
- Center Point – Despite the loss, Center Point fared better than this past season’s drubbing at the hands of Mountain Brook. Even with the score of 24-6, Center Point was never out of the game until the final moments. Mountain Brook only managed 162 yards of total offense.
- Quarterback Damione Ward (Clay-Chalkville) – Ward threw for 204 yards and two touchdowns. He also rushed for 126 yards with three touchdowns. On the night, Ward totaled 330 of the team’s 373 yards. He led the Cougars back from a two-touchdown deficit late in the game and his go-ahead touchdown with less than a minute left proved to be the game winner.
- Running Back Armoni Goodwin (Hewitt-Trussville) – Goodwin has 343 rushing yards and seven touchdowns through two games this season. He rushed for 112 yards and three touchdowns in the win.
- Quarterback Pearson Baldwin (Springville) – Baldwin connected with Jace Hayes for a 46-yard go-ahead touchdown late in the third quarter. The touchdown ended up being the game winner.
- Defensive Lineman Julian Peterson (Pinson Valley) – Peterson had two fumble recoveries and half a sack as the Pinson Valley defense held Ramsay to just one touchdown in the game.
- Quarterback Jayson Jones (Center Point) – Jones rushed for 64 yards on 19 carries against Mountain Brook. He went 5-for-8 with 67 passing yards.