From The Trussville Tribune staff reports
JEFFERSON COUNTY — Four people are displaced after a fire in northeast Jefferson County on Friday, Sept. 20, 2019.
The Center Point Fire District responded to the house fire in the 4900 block of Vernon Street. Fire Chief Gene Coleman said everyone was outside of the home when crews arrived.
“Crews went inside and did an interior search to make sure nobody was at home,” said Coleman. “They quickly extinguished the fire and we are doing an overhaul process looking for any hidden fire, removing smoke from the structure and trying to protect the property from any water damage.”
“Our crews are also safe,” said Coleman.
The home is near the Chalkville community in a subdivision off Old Springville Road.
As always, Coleman wanted to remind everyone to be sure and check your smoke detector batteries.
“Keep a beep where you sleep, close the door where you snore,” said Coleman. “Our number’s 911 and we still make house calls!”