By Joshua Huff, sports editor
The high school basketball season is in full swing with most teams nearly a quarter of the way into their seasons.
Pinson Valley returned to the court on Tuesday following the Thanksgiving break with a dominant performance over Gadsden City. In the 81-64 victory, senior Kameron Woods continued his torrid scoring pace with 51 points. This follows a Heritage Thanksgiving Classic in which he averaged 37 points over four games.
Ga’Quincy McKinstry added 13 points, seven rebounds in his return to the court. Camron Scott recorded 13 rebounds, six assists and two blocks. DeMarques Densmore tallied 10 rebounds, four assists and four steals.
The Indians sit at 5-1 on the season.
- The Springville boys’ basketball team snapped a two-game losing streak with a 67-41 victory over Moody. The Tigers sit 4-2 on the season.
- The Center Point boys’ basketball team won its second consecutive game following a five-game skid to open the season. The Eagles defeated Saint Clair County, 57-28. Center Point sits 2-5 on the season.
- The Clay-Chalkville boys’ basketball team notched its second straight win after defeating Spain Park, 42-33. The Cougars move to 4-3 on the year.
- The Springville girls’ basketball team halted a three-game skid with a 52-17 victory over Moody. The Tigers sit at 3-3 on the season.
- The Pinson Valley girls’ basketball team fell to Gadsden City, 28-49. The Indians have lost five straight. They sit at 1-5 on the year.
- The Center Point girls’ basketball team moved to 2-2 on the season with a 42-13 victory over Saint Clair County.