From The Trussville Tribune staff reports
GRAYSON VALLEY — The Center Point Fire District conducted a smoke detector blitz on Sunday, Feb. 2, after a fatal house fire in Grayson Valley.
Station five crews went door-to-door on Carmel Road, ensuring everyone had a fully-functioning smoke detector.
The operation came three days after a woman was killed in a house fire on Carmel Road. The fire, which happened on Thursday, Jan. 30, was caused by a dryer in the home.
If you have questions or concerns about your smoke detector, you can call (205) 853-5098 for assistance.