By Erica Thomas, managing editor
BIRMINGHAM — The St. Vincent’s Health System is working with the Jefferson County Department of Health to open additional COVID-19 testing sites.
The hospital system did not specify what areas are being considered. Anyone in need of an evaluation related to COVID-19 is asked to contact their primary care provider or call (205) 975-1881.
Below is a list of current testing sites in Jefferson County.
Urgent Care for Children clinics
- 500 Cahaba Park Circle, Suite 100, Birmingham, AL 35242
- 117 North Chalkville Road, Trussville, AL 35173
- 520 Montgomery Highway, Vestavia, AL 35216
- Eligibility: Curbside testing available for high-risk patients ages 0 – 21.
- Details: Go to childrensurgent.com to schedule an appointment or call 205-848-2273 before coming into the office.
Downtown COVID-19 Testing Site (UAB Medicine)
- University Boulevard and 22nd Street South, Birmingham AL 35233
- Eligibility: Appointment-based, drive-up testing available for eligible patients.
- Details: Call 205-975-1881 to schedule an appointment.
Ross Bridge Medical Center
- 3635 Market Street, Hoover, AL 35226
- Eligibility: Appointment-based, physician-administered testing available for eligible patients.
- Details: Call 205-92COVID to schedule a phone consultation to schedule an appointment.