From The Trussville Tribune staff reports
BIRMINGHAM — On behalf of the team at Norma Livingston Ovarian Cancer Foundation (NLOCF), we appreciate your ongoing support, care and concern for women battling Ovarian Cancer. Due to the rapidly developing Coronavirus (COVID-19), and to ensure safety for our community, we have decided to re-image Motherwalk 2020 and turn it into a VIRTUAL EVENT!
On Mother’ Day Weekend we welcome all runners, virtual runners, and cyclists to celebrate Mothers, Daughter, Sisters, Girlfriends, and LIFE! Whether you run, walk, or ride, whether you live in our area or run in yours, join us for our 2020 Virtual Motherwalk. We will walk or run to honor all those whose lives have been impacted by Ovarian Cancer (while practicing social distancing of course)! Get outside and enjoy life with your family and friends!
Our mission to increase awareness of Ovarian Cancer and raise funding for research continues. We are improving the quality of life for ovarian cancer patients in chemotherapy by providing cold mittens and booties to reduce side effects at no cost to patients. NLOCF is making a difference!
Here are some ways you can help:
- Sign up to participate in the Virtual Motherwalk and CELEBRATE LIFE IN 2020!
- Make a gift online or by mail today to support NLOCF.
- Drive out Ovarian Cancer through research- be sure when you renew your Alabama car tag to ask for the Teal Ovarian Cancer Tag. The cost of the tag is tax deductible and proceeds fund local research through the Division of Gynecology Oncology at UAB. (over $1.4 million dollars has been donated to research to date)
- If you are doing your shopping online, don’t forget to use Amazon Smile and a portion of your purchase will benefit NLOCF!
Registration and Fundraising is still open
Registration and fundraising will remain open through noon on May 7,2020 with NO PRICE INCREASE! Everyone who registers by May 1, 2020 will receive a race-t-shirt.
- $25 5K Individual
- $25 1 Mile Fun Walk or Run Individual
- $0 Ovarian Cancer Survivor participant in Walk or Run
Because we are providing the opportunity for each person to participate in the Virtual Run on May 8th and provide them their race t-shirt, we are not offering refunds or deferrals. Our goal is to provide the proceeds to Ovarian Cancer research.
Let’s make this event one everyone is talking about. Be on the lookout for a fun and interactive social media campaign to raise funds to support NLOCF. Engage your friends, colleagues and family while supporting this important cause!
Post, Post, Post and TAG Norma Livingston Ovarian Cancer Foundation on Social Media:
Facebook: Norma Livingston Ovarian Cancer Foundation
What about my race t-shirt?
Due to the unforeseen circumstances of Covid 19, we are evaluating t-shirt distribution. If you live outside the Birmingham Metro Region, your t-shirt will be mailed to you. Local t-shirt distribution will be determined two weeks prior to the event. Be looking for an email notification with details.
We appreciate your support and understanding.
Thank you so much for supporting the women battling Ovarian Cancer and continuing to walk with us through these challenging times.