By Joshua Huff, sports editor
CLAY — The Clay Public Library reopened its doors on Monday, May 18, 2020, with a return to normal business hours along with a few stipulations added to remain compliant with health and safety guidelines issued as a result of the coronavirus pandemic.
To combat the spread of COVID-19, the library has issued several guidelines that patrons must follow as they move about the premises:
- Patrons must practice social distancing while on the premises.
- Only touch items that you plan on checking out.
- Give books that are pulled from the shelf to library staff, even if you do not plan on checking them out
- Only five people or five families are allowed on the premises at once. The library staff will ask you to w
- Wait outside or in your car if there are more than five people/five families in the library.
- Patrons are encouraged to wear a mask.
- Visits are limited to 30 minutes.
- The book drop remains closed.
- Only Clay Library materials can be returned.
- Patrons cannot order materials from other libraries.
- Checkout limit is five books and five media items per family.
- The library will not charge for late returns.
In addition, the regularly scheduled Summer Reading Program will continue with outdoor events only.
The hours of operation are:
||9:00 am – 6:00 pm|
|Tue:||9:00 am – 7:00 pm|
|Wed:||9:00 am – 6:00 pm|
|Thu:||9:00 am – 7:00 pm|
|Fri:||9:00 am – 6:00 pm|
|Sat:||9:00 am – 2:00 pm|