From The Tribune staff reports
BIRMINGHAM — The newly-instituted Birmingham curfew forced several area schools to alter graduation plans following Mayor Randall Woodfin’s call to enact a 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. curfew beginning on Monday, June 1, 2020.
The curfew is in response to night of violent protest throughout Birmingham and surrounding areas following a day of peaceful protest. The Sunday evening protests resulted in injuries to reporters, damage to buildings and civil unrest.
The following are the new graduation times for Birmingham-area schools:
- June 2 – 10 a.m. – Wenonah High School
- June 2 – 4 p.m. – Woodlawn High School
- June 3 – 10 a.m. – Jackson-Olin High School
- June 3 – 4 p.m. – Huffman High School
- June 4 – 10 a.m. – Carver High School
- June 4 – 4 p.m. – Parker High School
- June 5 – 10 a.m. – Ramsay High School
The ceremonies will still be held at Legion Field with social distancing measures in place. Masks are required for all and each senior is allowed to have five guests attend the ceremony.