From The Tribune staff reports
CENTER POINT — The Jefferson County Department of Health shows the 35215 zip code had the most confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the county, as of Monday, July 13, 2020.
The 35215 zip code includes the city of Center Point and part of Chalkville. The rate of people per 10,000 who contracted the virus was at 48.54. There were a total of 356 cases reported in the previous 14 days.
Effective June 29, 2020, public establishments in the county were ordered to require persons to wear face-coverings. The order came down from the Jefferson County Health Officer.
If you or someone you know need to be tested for coronavirus, the following is a list of testing sites in Jefferson County:
Urgent Care for Children clinics
- 500 Cahaba Park Circle, Suite 100, Birmingham, AL 35242
- 117 North Chalkville Road, Trussville, AL 35173
- 520 Montgomery Highway, Vestavia, AL 35216
- Eligibility: Curbside testing available for high-risk patients ages 0 – 21.
- Details: Go to childrensurgent.com to schedule an appointment or call 205-848-2273 before coming into the office.
Downtown COVID-19 Testing Site (UAB Medicine)
- University Boulevard and 22nd Street South, Birmingham AL 35233
- Eligibility: Appointment-based, drive-up testing available for eligible patients.
- Details: Call 205-975-1881 to schedule an appointment.
Ross Bridge Medical Center
- 3635 Market Street, Hoover, AL 35226
- Eligibility: Appointment-based, physician-administered testing available for eligible patients.
- Details: Call 205-92COVID to schedule a phone consultation to schedule an appointment.
Cahaba Medical Care-West End
- 1308 Tuscaloosa Avenue, Birmingham AL 35211
- Eligibility: Appointment-based testing available for eligible patients.
- Details: Call 205-679-6325 to schedule an appointment.
- 339 Walker Chapel Plaza, Suite 115, Fultondale AL 35068
- Details: Call 205-250-6424 for more information.