From The Tribune staff reports
TRUSSVILLE — The Trussville City School system has released guidelines for summer school and summer camps:
“Alabama Governor Kay Ivey’s Safer Apart Order expired May 31, 2021, at 11:59 p.m.,” the school system said in a press release. “With that, comes refined guidance for local school systems including Trussville City Schools.”
Schools will only be open for registered summer school students and their teachers and students attending pre-approved summer camps.
Please note the following guidelines for TCS Summer School & Summer Camps:
- Masks are not necessary for vaccinated persons.
- Masks are recommended for non-vaccinated persons.
- Keeping students 6 feet apart is required to prevent quarantine, unless they are vaccinated.
- Isolation and quarantine are still required for cases and close contacts, unless they are vaccinated.
- Seating charts are not required because the health department will conduct contact tracing.
- The symptom list is the same for sending students home as it was during the last school year.
“We appreciate your cooperation as we navigated COVID-19 during this past school year,” the school system added. “As always, public health orders are subject to change. We will keep you updated as needed.”