From The Tribune Staff Reports
HOMEWOOD– Beginning Wednesday, September 29, weather permitting, the Alabama Department of Transportation will be replacing a Fiber Optic Cable on US Hwy. 31 southbound at Milepost 269.7, in Homewood as follows:
- Beginning at 8:30 a.m. on Wednesday, September 29 through Friday, October 1, the Alabama Department of Transportation will replace a Fiber Optic Cable.
- This work will require the outside (right) lane of US Hwy. 31 S to be closed just south of the Brookwood Medical Center entrance ramp to US Hwy. 31 S (Milepost 269.7 +/-).
- The fiber optic cable replacement is expected to be completed by 4 p.m. on Friday, October 1.
- The outside (right) lane will be re-opened by 4 p.m. Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.
- The inside (left) lane will remain open.
Motorists are requested to consider using alternate routes, adjust arrival/departure times, observe work zone speed limits and other work zone signs, and use extreme caution in this area. ALDOT thanks motorists for their patience during this Maintenance Operation to improve Alabama’s roadways.