By Tanna M. Friday, Managing Editor
TRUSSVILLE — On Tuesday evening, Oct. 26, Trussville City Council met in the council chambers for their rescheduled workshop and regular scheduled meeting with all members of council members present.
One ordinance received the first reading to rezone 5900 Deerfoot Parkway to P from C-2 (commercial). The vote will take place during the Nov. 9 regular meeting.
Several business items passed easily including the promotion of several city employees, the city’s holiday schedule, and the nomination and election of Council President and President Pro Tem for the Nov. 2021 to Oct. 2022 term.
Councilman Ben Short nominated Councilman Perry Cook to serve as Council President and Lisa Bright to serve as President Pro Tem for the upcoming term. Councilman Cook will replace Councilman Alan Taylor’s role as Councilman President beginning Nov. 1. Taylor has served on Trussville City Council and as Council President for three terms.
In other matters, the Council approved:
- Minutes from the October 12, workshop and regular meeting;
- Consent Agenda:
- Accounts payable;
- Glock Armors Course for Police Captain Greg Cardwell, November 11, 2021 in Trussville. $250 registration fee;
- Glock Armors Course for Police Sergeant Ryan Robinson, January 11, 2022 in Trussville. $250 registration fee; and
- Cellbrite Mobile Forensics Fundamentals Course (self-paced). $350 registration fee.
- (First reading only) Ordinance to Re-Zone 5900 Deerfoot Parkway to P from C-2 (Commercial), Vote will take place next meeting;
- Public Hearing Regarding a Lounge Retail Liquor License Application;
- Resolution 2021-to Approve an ABC License to Martys Trussville LLC located at 1423 Gadsden Highway;
- Resolution 2021-59 to Declare Various Parks & Recreation Assets as Surplus;
- Resolution 2021-60 to Correct Statute Citation Within Vacation Resolution No. 2021-43;
- Resolution 2021-61 to Approve the City’s 2022 Holidays Schedule;
- Resolution 2021-62 to Amend Purchase/Sale Agreement w/DE General LLC re Industrial Park Lot 26
- Promote Public Works employee Steven Bright to Skilled Laborer (Grade 12 – Step 1), effective October 23, 2021;
- Promote Public Works employee Jeffrey Bryant to Skilled Laborer (Grade 12 – Step 3), effective October 23, 2021;
- Promote Public Works employee Gary Daugherty to Skilled Laborer (Grade 12 – Step 4), effective October 23, 2021;
- Promote Finance employee Jenny Shipp to Senior Accountant (Grade 23- Step 3), effective October 23, 2021; and
- Ordinance 2021- Election of Council President and Pro Tem for the Nov. 2021 to Oct. 2022 term.
The next Trussville City Council workshop will be held on Thursday, Nov. 4 beginning at 5 p.m. and the regular meeting to be held on Tuesday, Nov. 9 beginning at 6 p.m.