From The Tribune staff reports
JEFFERSON COUNTY — Weather permitting, the Alabama Department of Transportation will conduct Barrier Wall repairs on I-459 in Birmingham at the US-280 Exit (Milepost 19.6) as follows:
November 1, 2021-November 3, 2021
- Work will start Monday, November 1 at 8:30 a.m.
- This work will require the southbound left (inside) lane to be closed to traffic.
- The turn lane at Cahaba River Road/Acton Road Intersection (below) work zone will also be closed to traffic.
- Lane closures will be daily, starting at 8:30 a.m. until 3 p.m.
- All lanes are expected to be re-opened on Wednesday, November 3, at 3 p.m.
Motorists are requested to consider using alternate routes, adjust arrival/departure times, observe work zone speed limits and other work zone signs, and use extreme caution in this area. ALDOT thanks motorists for their patience during this Construction Operation to improve Alabama’s roadways.
ALDOT’s mission is to provide a safe, efficient, environmentally sound transportation network across Alabama. For further information, visit www.dot.state.al.us.