From The Trussville Tribune staff reports
HOOVER — The Hoover Police Department wants to question an individual in regards to a felony unlawful breaking/entering of a vehicle.
According to police, a vehicle was broken into on May 14 in the 600 block Preserve Parkway. A short time later, a person attempted to use the stolen credit cards at Best Buy Riverchase Village.
Police request that anyone who recognizes this individual, or knows anything about him or this case, please contact Hoover Detective Gregg Blackman at (205) 739-6235. If immediate assistance is needed, please call Hoover 911 or the non-emergency number (205) 822-5300. You can also leave an anonymous tip via the website: http://www.hooverpd.com/submit-a-tip.php
You can also call Crime Stoppers of Metro Alabama at 205-254-7777 or leave a tip on their website: http://crimestoppersmetroal.com/ You will remain anonymous and eligible for a cash reward if your tip to Crime Stoppers leads to an arrest.
Hoover police also want to remind the public of the following suggestions:
- Remove valuables from plain view, or remove valuables from the vehicle.
- LOCK the doors.
- Make sure the alarm is activated.
- Write down makes/models/serial numbers.
- Check bank and credit card accounts often. Have fraud alerts/notifications set up.
- Call us if you see anything suspicious. 911 or (205) 822-5300.