From The Tribune staff reports
Local motorists can expect some interstate delays in the coming days, according to the The Alabama Department of Transportation (ALDOT).
ALDOT has announced through a press release that two different interstate construction projects are coming to Springville and Leeds.
Beginning at 9 a.m. Thursday, Dec. 3, the ALDOT will begin repairing the bridge over Canoe Creek on I-59 southbound at Milepost 159.88 in Springville as follows:
- This work will require the closing of the outside (right) lane in the area of repairs.
- Repairs are expected to take a week to complete.
- All lanes will be re-opened no later than 3:30 p.m. each day.
Motorists are requested to consider using alternate routes, adjust arrival/departure times, observe work zone speed limits and other work zone signs, and use extreme caution in this area.
Beginning at 9:30 a.m. on Tuesday, Dec. 8, ALDOT will begin a routine inspection of the Flyover Ramp bridge from I-20 Eastbound to I-459 Northbound at Exit 136 as follows:
- This work will require the closing of the outside (right) lane to perform inspections.
- Work will then move to I-20 Westbound to the I-459 Southbound flyover ramp to perform inspections. If inspections cannot be completed, work will continue the following day, Dec. 9 from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- All lanes will be reopened no later than 3:30 p.m. each day.