From The Tribune staff reports
MONTGOMERY — The Alabama Football Coaches Association has named Clay-Chalkville defensive coordinator Matt Glover as the assistant coach of the year for the 6A classification.
Each of the winners was nominated by members of the association, picked by a committee of coaches and verified by the ALFCA Board of Directors.
Glover is a former head coach at Pinson Valley and St. Clair County.
Each winner will be honored at the ALFCA Coach of the Year Banquet to be held Saturday, January 29th, 2022 at 11:15 a.m. at the Embassy Suites Hotel in Montgomery.
Each of the winners will receive a plaque, as well as a Coach of the Year ring provided by Balfour, a corporate sponsor of the ALFCA.
The winners are listed below:
- 1A: Errol Jones, R.A. Hubbard High School
- 2A: Barrett Ragsdale, Spring Garden High School
- 3A: Doug Leffard, Bayside Academy
- 4A: Drew Tranchina, Jackson High School
- 5A: Mike Atkins, Pike Road High School
- 6A: Matt Glover, Clay-Chalkville High School
- 7A: Shawn DeFoor, Thompson High School