From The Trussville Tribune staff reports
GRAYSON VALLEY — Firefighters have determined the cause of a deadly house fire that happened in Grayson Valley on Thursday, Jan. 30, 2020. Center Point Fire District Chief Gene Coleman said the fire was caused by a dryer in the home.
The Jefferson County Coroner’s Office identified the woman killed as Lauren Christine Youngman, 63. Youngman was pronounced dead at the scene at 2:14 p.m.
Center Point Fire and Rescue responded the fully-involved house fire in the 2500 block of Carmel Road, in unincorporated Jefferson County. Carmel Road was completely blocked off as firefighters responded. Trussville Fire and Rescue was also called to the scene to assist.
Once upon the scene, several explosions occurred within the house with unknown origins.
Chief Coleman said Youngman was trapped inside the house and firefighters were unable to get to her.
Drone footage courtesy Jackson Whitten.
massive explosion and house is on fire down the street from me. i had just flown my drone earlier and i got what i could with what battery i had left. man this has come kinda in handy
Posted by Jackson Whitten on Thursday, January 30, 2020